Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Week 1: Getting started

I read the prompts but I'm going my own way. Although I would do some posting on My Space, I still am a bit of a luddite when it comes to web 2.0 I have a Second Life handle, a Facebook page, a My Space page, 2 webmail addresses, a Twitter account, and now this blog. But I don't have a cell phone, an iPod or MP3 player. Out of all of the Web 2.0 tools, what is going to endure the test of time? Which will prove to be the most applicable to the library situation? While I applaud all those willing and enthused to try out all this technology, I'm more skeptical. The issue of time and relevancy are ones I don't think have been addressed. How do you make your information relevant to your audience and how do you find the time to continually do so? Most of these tools require a huge committement. To me, web 2.0 is still more of an entertainment tool. I'm sure that will change because there are people who will bend the technology to make it change. So if people can bend the technology to suit their needs then surely, I can bend myself and find my use for Web 2.0. Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment