Thursday, April 22, 2010

Social networking

I do have a facebook page. I use it to keep up with friends but not for my career. Linkedln is one of those things that I've joined but do not use like most of the social networking. The ten ways article was very enlightening. I do have an opportunity to use one of the ways and I may do so. As far as the privacy, I have friends that send e-mails and post warnings about sites that can find all kinds of information about you. If you make that information public, then yes, people will find you. It's that simple. What I observe most is how uncaring most students are to their privacy. They walk away with chats, Facebook, etc still logged in. Maybe uncaring is the wrong term. It's not a priority.

ALA isn't updating their Ning page. Interesting endorsement right there.

Like most of the "things" in this exercise, I will resolve to see if I can find an application to my career and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment