Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 12: Document sharing

Although it wasn't necessary to post a blog on cloud computing, I have some thoughts...I love it. It's a great tool to allow small businesses flexibility, even allowing individuals who travel access to information without lugging around files, computers-heck even flash drives can get lost! I use delicious to keep track of all my "favorite" websites so no matter where I go and what computer I use, I will have all my links.

Docuemnt sharing--I love Dropbox and the Google docs as well.

Here's what I envision--librarians as Johnny Appleseeds, but instead of planting fruit trees, we plant information literacy skills. Imagine if ALA sponsered a kind of "peace corp" project where librarians traveled around the US to offer help and teach info literacy classes. It may not require a great deal of travel, perhaps just to another part of a state or into a different neighborhood. All a librarian would need is a room, a computer, internet access and a projector. A bit push effort to show the world how important we really are.

1 comment: